Best General Links
- Legal research for non-lawyers
- Dog Bite Litigation Forms for Plaintiffs' Attorneys
- Anatomy of a Dog Bite Case, Kenneth Phillips' "tips and tricks" seminar on video for Plaintiffs' attorneys
- American Law Source Online for state, federal, Canadian and Mexican law.
- United Kingdom: "Dangerous Dogs" by Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Ontario, Canada: overview of dog bite law
- Puerto Rico (English site), Puerto Rico (Spanish site)
- Constitution of the United States of America: interactive text of the Constitution, plus great analysis
- US Code, Code of Federal Regulations and other federal laws
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- The Library of Congress ("Thomas")
- US Securities and Exchange Commission
- United States District Court -- Central District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court -- Central District of California
- Bankruptcy law: Mark J. Markus, Esq.and Moran Law Group.
Law sources - federal and state
- Findlaw (free): state resources (all states) and cases and codes (CA, DEL, FL, IL, NY, TX, federal)
- Versuslaw (best value for subscription service): cases and codes at the lowest monthly price.
- Georgia case law: Lawskills
- Municipal Codes:
- Sterling Codifiers
- Municipal Code Corporation
- General Code Publishers
- California: see the next section
- Legal Information Institute: a topical index of the law
- American Law Source Online: state and US law
- The Law Engine: information, periodicals, laws, etc.
California codes - state, county and municipal
See also Treatises, below.
- California Codes
- California civil discovery laws: PDF containing a convenient chart showing all deadlines and rules
- Municipal Codes:
- County Code of Los Angeles County
California court opinions
California Rules of Court
- Title 1 (Rules Applicable to All Courts)
- Title 2 (Trial Court Rules)
- Title 3 (Civil Rules)
- Title 4 (Criminal Rules)
- Title 5 (Family and Juvenile Rules)
- Title 7 (Probate Rules)
- Title 8 (Appellate Rules)
- Title 9 (Rules on Law Practice, Attorneys and Judges)
- Title 10 (Judicial Council Administration)
California Forms, Jury Instructions and Local Rules of Court
- Judicial Council Forms (including forms you can fill out)
- California Civil Jury Instructions
- Local Rules of Court (all California trial courts)
- All California trial courts and their websites
Treatises, online law reviews, and other important materials found online
- Dog Bite Lawsuit Forms for Plaintiffs' Attorneys by Attorney Kenneth M. Phillips, the author of dogbitelaw.com
- Attorney Kenneth M. Phillips' "tips and tricks" seminar on video for Plaintiffs' attorneys
- California online guides to discovery in a limited case and expert witness exchanges
- Evidentiary Foundations - California by Edward J. Imwinkelried and Thomas J. Leach
- Resolving Discovery Disputes, Katherine Gallo. An outstanding analysis of California discovery laws and practice.
- Practical Discovery Strategy, Vincent DiCarlo. Concise, strategically sound advice about discovery.
- California Veterinary Medical Board
- Detailed discussion of dog bite laws, David S. Favre. An online article about dog bite law throughout the USA.
- Case summaries by Animal Law briefs of many well-known USA cases, good for an overview.
- Dog Law Reporter, a highly informative blog by John Ensminger.
- List of strict liability statutes - caution, the summaries of the laws are not accurate for all states!
- California Civil Discovery Law. This is a treatise. For a chart, see the link under California Codes, above.
- USC Law Review
- Recent California Tort Law, Eric A. Schneider. A great analysis of cases through 2005.
- California Civil Jury Instructions
- Tennessee Civil Jury Instructions
- California Hearsay Exceptions
- Attorney Gene Kinsey's services to attorneys. Forms of common motions to speed up your drafting.
- The American Veterinary Medical Association. Issues of interest to veterinary medicine, caring for animals.
- The Law Digest, A.M. Best. Comprehensive summary of law for each state and Canadian Province. Log in and then go to the site map and select Law Digest.
- State by state summary of punitive damages statutes by the American Tort Reform Association.
- State by state summary of comparative negligence laws by Matthiesen, Wickert & Lehrer, S.C.
- State by state summary of laws re comparative negligence and assumption of risk by minors based on their age by Eagle International Associates.
- Legal research and citation styles in the US, Ronald B. Standler.
- US Patent Application for a method of determining liability in a premises liability case.
- Hotel liability, California, by Attorney Kenneth Chyten.
- Confidentiality of veterinary patient records, state summary report by AVMA.
- Minors' Compromises - A State by State Summary. Minors compromise procedures throughout the USA.
- Minors' settlement and compromises in California - Settling A Minor’s Lawsuit: A Procedural And Practical Primer by Kevin Urbatsch and Mercy Hall
- Survery of Laws Regarding "Statutory" and "Special" Employment, uslaw.org. Workers compensation laws.
- DogsBite.org. Collen Lynn's website is devoted to a detailed analysis of pit bull mayhem.
- Animals24-7.org. Merritt Clifton's website focuses on animal issues with special emphasis on vicious dogs and particularly pit bulls. See i.e., Pit Bull Statistics.
- Books in print:
- Removal to Federal Court - a detailed guide with tips and tricks focusing on Florida but 95% applicable throughout the USA, by Beckham & Beckham
- Business associations: syllabus and readings, including Restatement 3d of Agency.