If you’re bit by a dog in California, knowing your legal rights is NOT enough to get compensated. You need THREE things to win your dog bite case, and this video tells you what they are. Attorney Kenneth M. Phillips speaks from vast experience as the author of Dog Bite Law and the only lawyer in the USA who has done nothing but dog bite cases since the 1990s.
In the pages linked below, read about dog bite liability in California. A dog bite victim in this state can recover compensation under a special statute and the doctrines of negligence, negligence per se, scienter, and intentional tort. If you are a dog bite victim, get a free consultation from Attorney Kenneth M. Phillips, whom Time Magazine has called “California’s leading dog-bite lawyer.” He has earned tens of millions of dollars for dog bite victims, and he doesn’t get paid unless you win your case. Call Mr. Phillips’ office at (310) 606-9769 (just tap that number if you’re on a mobile phone), or Click here to send him a message. If you are a lawyer, you can download Mr. Phillips’ litigation forms and other materials for attorneys (using the link below).
- Overview of the dog bite problem in California
- Liability based on the dog bite statute
- Liability based on the common law doctrine of scienter
- Liability based on negligence and negligence per se
- Liability based on other grounds
- Special rules where the victim is a child
- California statutes of limitations for dog bites extended by 178 days because of COVID
- Criminal and administrative remedies and penalties
- Litigation forms and other materials for attorneys
- If your case involves injury to a dog, see When a Dog Is Injured or Killed